Welcome to Class 2 – The Chestnuts!
Our Class Teachers are Miss Gray and Mr Pillans.
Our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Alexander and Miss Stevenson.
Our Volunteer is Miss Seal.
In our class we have 25 children.
Rowena Grew, our Forest School Consultant, works with us on a Tuesday in Wild at Heart.
Home Learning 3.4.20
Good Morning Chestnuts!
Well today marks the first day of your Easter Holidays!
I will not be setting daily tasks throughout the holidays but I have created a grid with 12 ideas of fun things you could try, if you want to. These include learning new skills, languages and making things, I think I will try a few too!
Please continue to send me your lovely pictures and videos showing me what you get up to, it is so lovely to see your smiley faces! :) I will be checking Dojo once a day so will comment and reply then, so don't worry...I will not miss a thing.
Keep being wonderful, curious, inquisitive and most of all YOU!
I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you have a lovely Easter.
Home Learning 2.4.20
I think the sun saw your fabulous sun creations yesterday as it has come back today, yipee! :)
I have three tasks for you today....
1. If you haven't watched the video of the poem I read yesterday, take a look (it is on the Class Story on Dojo). Can you write me a little poem? Can you include words that rhyme (sound the same) in your poem?
2. Our R this term is Risk Taking. Can you share with me some examples of you taking safe risks while at home? I will add the pictures you send to a pic collage and put it in this week's newsletter.
3. Following the maths game I shared with you on Tuesday. Have a go at creating your own counting game involving some cards that you may have at home. I can then share with other families for them to try at home too!
Keep smiling and keeping safe at home. I am really enjoying seeing all of your lovely pictures and videos.
Keep them coming!
Home Learning 1.4.20
Well I don't know about where you are but the sun has decided to hide today. :( Therefore I have 2 tasks for you:
1. Can you create a sunshine to brighten up the day? This can be out of anything you have at home...be as creative as you can. I will have a go too and share it with you later.
2. As it is Wednesday, we would usually have Science with Mr Pillans. He has asked you to investigate how the seasons are changing. I have included his work below and you can also access it from the class web page (https://www.toynton-all-saints.lincs.sch.uk/chestnuts/)
Keep being fabulous and sending me the work you do at home as I love to see your smiley faces.
*Remember there is NumBots, Oxford Owl and RWI lessons to keep you going with Maths and Reading.*
Home Learning 31.3.20
I was made very hungry yesterday by all of your sandwich designs. Some fantastic labeling and drawing was seen.
Today I have 2 tasks for you:
1. If you haven't already, check out the Read Write Inc daily sound lesson. You can wow your families by showing how you can use the sound in words too. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ/featured
2. Watch this clip of 'Bubbles' (if you were in school in the last week you have already watched this but watch again to refresh your mind).
When you have watched it...imagine you are on a beach. What do you feel, see, hear and smell? Write some descriptive sentences using exciting adjectives to help you. Remember every sentence starts with a capital letter, has finger spaces and ends with a piece of punctuation (. ? !).
E.g. Huge waves crash against the hard grey rocks.
Home Learning 30.3.20
Well Good Morning Chestnuts!
It is a little wetter than last week unfortunately.
During our topic lessons and linked to the story 'The Lighthouse Keeper's Lunch' we were going to be designing and making healthy sandwiches for Mr Grinling.
So my challenge for you is:
- Draw a sandwich design that would be healthy for Mrs Grinling to send in the basket to the lighthouse. So that I know what is in your sandwich, labels would be really helpful.
- After you have designed your sandwich, you could make it. Pretend you are Mr Grinling and give your sandwich a mark out of 5.
I am going to be doing the same today...so I will post you my design and sandwich later (I think I will make it for my lunch today :) )
Don't forget to keep reading...I started a new book yesterday and am struggling to put it down.
I look forward to seeing your designs and the other amazing things you get up to at home.
Home Learning 27.3.20
Wow it is the end of the first week already…I hope you have all been enjoying the sun, enjoying the daily tasks and spending lots of time with your family at home. I have loved seeing the different ways you counted in 2s, someone managed to count all the way to 50… well done!
Investigate a seaside location in England and find out if it has any of the following features: a pier, a lighthouse, cliffs, a sandy or pebble beach, rock pools or a harbour. Share this with me in any way you wish. I look forward to finding out about different locations around the coast. If you are able to locate the location on a map, you will earn some bonus Dojo points.
Enjoy your day and I look forward to seeing what you send me. J
Home Learning 26.3.20
I have loved seeing your pictures that you have sent in and your smiley faces. :) If you would like your rainbow to be part of our collage please make sure you have sent it today so I can add it to the newsletter too.
Learning for today:
- Have a go at logging on to the following link where you will find a RWI (Read Write Inc.) sound lesson.
You can wow your families with your knowledge. These lessons are available fro 24 hours and change daily so keep checking back for new sounds.
- Can you practice counting in 2s today? Socks are a great way to help. You could count in 2s as you go up and down the stairs, or along your path in the garden. Let me know how you practice your counting.
Continue to keep your diary and enjoy the sunshine.
I look forward to seeing what you all send me today :)
Home Learning 25.3.2020
It was lovely to see your rainbows and flower pictures yesterday. If you haven't sent me a photo of your rainbow yet, please do (also let me know if you are happy for them to be shared on a class collage on the website).
Learning for today:
- If you haven't already, start a diary of the things you get up to. You could draw pictures in your diary too to show what you have been up to.
It would be lovely to see some pages from your diary too.
- Our spelling sound this week is 'er'. I have attached the page that would have been sent home. Can you have a go at the activities and see if you can find any words that contain that sound to add to our spelling book? Send your words to me and I will add them to the book and show you which words we collected.
- I hope you all had fun with Joe Wicks this morning, I really enjoyed his bunny jumps and Spiderman lunges!
I look forward to seeing your pictures and comments today.
Miss Gray :)
Chestnuts Home Learning 24.3.20
Morning everyone, it was lovely to see some of your rainbows. It would be lovely to see the rest of your rainbow creations to brighten up our days.
Which flowers can you find in your garden (don't pick them though unless your adults ask you to)? Can you see any flowers through your windows? Do you know the names of any of those flowers? You can share these with me via a photo, a drawing, a painting or a model. I cannot wait to see how creative you are.
Screentime activities available:
- NumBots is available for the pupils (logins have been sent home and I will be sending the remaining logins today). https://play.numbots.com/#/intro
- Classroom Secrets is available online (logins sent via messages).
- Oxford Owl is available for sharing books with your child and for your child to read on their own (login details in the packs sent home).
- Code.org is available for children to explore and learn how to code (login details can be found in the packs sent home).
Non-screentime activities available:
- Create a rainbow for your window and share them with Miss Gray on Dojo
- The packs sent home (choose a phonics and maths task a day)
- The flower task set today (Tuesday 24th March).
- Being active (Joe Wicks, creating own PE sessions, playing in the garden).
Please continue to share your activities at home as I love to see them. :) :) :)